Sydney Women’s Counselling Centre is a community based specialist counselling service that works within a Social Determinants of Health, and Trauma Informed Care framework providing counselling to women who are marginalised and socioeconomically disadvantaged. The services provided support the psychological and emotional well-being of women, while recognizing the social, environmental, economic, physical and cultural factors which affect women’s health.
- Comprehensive assessment
- Brief interventions
- Short term counselling (5-10 sessions)
- Medium term counseling (11-20 sessions)
- Longer term counselling (weekly up to 2 years around 84 sessions)
- Medicare Bulk billing program (6-10 sessions)
- All of the above are provided though the General Mental Health/Domestic Violence/CSA, Drug and Alcohol, Gambling and Bilingual counselling programs.
- All programs are holistic and address and assist clients in stabilizing co existing presenting issues and with complex underlying trauma in long term counselling programs.